Since 7th century, the historical records of Bhutan began with the entrance of Buddhism, when monasteries were established by the Guru Rinpoche (Padmasambhava) after visiting Bhutan. The prehistory of this kingdom is not much known. It is said that the first human was appeared after the Ice Age.
Accross the Kingdom Tour
Eastern Himalayan Cultural Tour
- Thimphu: The capital of Bhutan
- Mongar: East Bhutan’s largest town
- Punakha: Former capital of Bhutan in winter
- Paro: Houses Taktsang Monastery and the international airport
- Jakar (Bumthang): The birthplace of Buddhism in Bhutan. It is also known as an administrative town.
- Trashigang: Beautiful administrative town of east Bhutan
- Phuentsholing: Access point for visitors from West Bengal. Bordering town of India.
- Samdrup Jongkhar: Access point of travelers from Assam. Administrative town of southeast Bhutan.
- Trongsa: Small administrative town. The town is famous for its dzong and the Tower of Trongsa