Eastern Himalayan Wildlife Tour
The Himalayas are the world's longest, highest mountains. One third of all mountain animals live here. The range is home to many endangered species. The Himalayan mountain range is over 1,500 miles long and 250 miles wide and includes most of Nepal and Bhutan, south Tibet, and the extreme north of India. it is divided into three zones: the Greater, Lesser, and Outer Himalayas. Since the range is so long with so many varied climates, the wildlife of the Himalayas is remarkably diverse.
More sheep species live in the Himalayas than in any other mountain range in the world. They include the Marco Polo sheep, which, because of the market for its long, spiraling horns, has been hunted almost to extinction. The largest wild sheep in the world, the great Tibetan sheep, also live here. They can withstand extreme temperatures ranging from scorching summers to freezing winters.
Itinerary : Delhi - Guwahati - Kaziranga - Bagdogra - Kalimpong - Siliguri - Kolkatta - Sunderbans
Duration : 13 Nights / 14 Days
- Arrival in Delhi before or after midnight. Overnight stay in a hotel.
- Morning spent at leisure. Afternoon sightseeing tour of New Delhi, visiting India Gate, driving past President House, and visiting the Qutab Minar & Humayun's tomb. Overnight in the hotel.
- Morning fly for Guwahati then drive to Kaziranga (250Km/5Hrs). In the evening enjoy dinner watching the tribal or Bihu dance beside the log fire under bamboo grove. Overnight at the resort.
- Wildlife viewing and nature walks in the park. Pay a visit to the tribal village later that afternoon and witnessing the see silk worm rearing. Dinner and overnight at the resort.
- Early morning visit to the Kaziranga National Park on an elephant. Later that afternoon visit the tea garden and tea factory. Enjoy a lavish dinner at a tea garden bungalow. Overnight spent at the resort.
- Drive to Guwahati to connect flight to Bagdogra at noon. Arrive Bagdogra and drive to Kalimpong. Dinner and overnight at a hotel.
- Morning free for leisure & Afternoon guided tour of Kalimpong. Overnight spent in a hotel.
- Enjoy the thrill of early morning rafting on river Teesta and then drive down towards Siliguri. Catch the connecting overnight train to Kolkatta. Overnight in the train.
- Arrive in Kolkata and transfer to a hotel. Enjoy a full day sightseeing tour of the City of Joy - Kolkatta. Overnight at a hotel.
- Departure from Kokatta to Basanti Port (100Km/3hrs) for Sundarbans. At the Sundarbans, enjoy a cruise to Sajnekhali by a dedicated motorised launch (2½ hrs). Dinner & night stay on the boat.
- Have a Full day cruise through mangrove creeks for wildlife viewing & bird watching at the Sundarbans. Enjoy lunch on the boat. Anchor at Sajnekhali by sunset. You can also opt for watching the Slide show on wildlife at the Mangrove Interpretation Centre in the evening with tea & snacks. Dinner & night stay on the boat.
- Pay a morning visit in a cycle rickshaw to Rangabeloa Tagore Society to see the rural development project. Return back to Basanti Port by the afternoon. Transfer to Kolkatta by car. Overnight in a hotel.
- Catch the flight from Kolkata-Delhi in the morning. Spend a day at leisure in Delhi. Transfer to the airport to catch the connecting flight to onward destination.
Day 01: Arrive Delhi
Day 02: Delhi
Day 03: Delhi - Guwahati - Kaziranga National Park
Day 04: Kaziranga National Park
Day 05: Kaziranga National Park
Day 06: Kaziranga -Guwahati - Bagdogra - Kalimpong
Day 07: Kalimpong
Day 08: Kalimpong - Siliguri - Kolkatta
Day 09: Kolkatta
Day 10: Kolkatta - Sunderbans National Park
Day 11: Sunderbans National Park
Day 12: Sunderbans National Park - Kolkatta
Day 13: Kolkatta - Delhi / Onward Destination